The EASA Commercial Pilot Licence Helicopter – CPL (H) permits an individual to fly a helicopter for commercial employment. It is a high level of training that prepares pilots for all types of commercial work within the worldwide helicopter industry. This course is particularly focused on developing aircraft captaincy skills.
CPL (H) Course
On completion of the course a PPL (H) holder will have:
- Flown a minimum of 30 hours dual flight training including 10 hours instrument flight
- Passed thirteen theoretical / ground exams
- Passed the final flying skills test
Ground school training in our purpose built classrooms in following subjects:
- Air Law
- Operations Procedures
- Aircraft General Knowledge (airframe/systems/power-plant)
- Aircraft General Knowledge – (instruments)
- Radio Navigation
- General Navigation
- Human Performance
- VFR Communications
- Mass and Balance
- Flight Planning & Monitoring
- Principles of Flight
All exams must be passed within 18 months of your first sitting. Only six sittings are permitted and if a subject is failed, a maximum of three resits is permitted.
Flight training will be on the Cabri G2 or Bell 206 Helicopter and can be conducted from Old Sarum Airfield in the UK or Tampa, Florida in the USA. Accommodation can be provided in the UK or USA.